Popular Posts

Sunday 8 July 2012

What Happened to "Per Tutti" italian Pizzeria and Ristorante? Find out here.


Dine x 2 Friday  on 6/07/2012 approx at 8pm
Pizzeria Ristorante "Per Tutti" 3-11 Liverpool road Manchester m3 4nw Map.d11779f
Manchester, UK M3 4
Rating (1-5 stars) ★   

Per tutti, Per tutti WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU??
I have been a regular customer at ‘’Per tutti ‘’ since the place has opened. I stumbled across this restaurant a few months ago by word of mouth. An Italian friend texted me on a Sunday evening ,in capital letters ‘’Oh MY GOD GO TO PER TUTTI is the best Italian pizza in Manchester’’. Having lived in Manchester for many years (as well as my friend has), I always prayed a good pizzeria would finally open, because with all due respect to Felicini, Croma and other chains –no place could get the pizza right (and still does not). So I went to ‘’Per Tutti’’ and have never looked back since.. I became a regular customer.. until last friday.
The Italian chef they imported from sunny Naples , Agostino, has left, and the new two lads behind the small counter of the open kitchen did not look much convincing. My impression was right. The two chaps made a good sized pizza, they used a decent sauce and mozzarella, but –oh Dear!!- my disappointment when I found a piece of estranged  chicken dropped by accident in my capricciosa pizza..!   As I write, I still haven’t digested the dough they used for the pizza, and I was left for the rest of the evening with a very unpleasant taste in my mouth! Having said that, the service was exceptional as usual. We were greeted at the entrance by Claudio, an Albanian guy that knows we are regulars and he is kind, polite and a pleasure to deal with. The rest of the staff is ok as well, but strangely enough I only see Claudio running around most of the time.
My review today is based only on the pizza, not on the food in the menu. I am aware ‘’Per tutti’’ is in the process of changing menu, and I am looking forward to try it (and of course, review it in this blog!) Overall the restaurant is ok for small party of two as well as large groups, as there’s a large, clean room downstairs which gives the idea you can drink, sing and dance as much as you want with at least other 50 people part goers! The toilets are clean and freshly refurbished, kept in outstanding condition.
It is worth mentioning the atmosphere. As much as this place has a huge potential, the decor doesn’t help much. It is thoroughly plastered and freshly decorated in white, which leaves a good impression of cleanliness, however the furniture chosen reminds me of those cheap ‘’landlord’’ shops, with faux leather chairs, cheap  tables and tea lights on the table. I would have personally spent much less, got some stylish second hand furnishings, set the table with vintage tablecloths and nice flowers. I think the bitter icing in the cake is the three horrific modernist braziers  outside, when associated with the chairs reminds more of a money laundring pop-up fusion (no, really: FUSION!) restaurant, rather than a quality fine dining place. But, oh-yeah, I am just here giving my opinion, that’s all!
Since my partner and I dine out very often (hence starting writing a blog about our gastronomic tours!), sometimes we literally just want to eat, more than the all ‘’having a meal out’’. On this occasion we were in a particularly cheerful mood and very hungry,, after enjoying an hour of Comedy at the Royal exchange (starting at 6pm every Friday – and is free!).

SOME FACTS(WHAT WE ATE AND HOW MUCH WE SPENT):  During this visit at Per Tutti we ate only a pizza capricciosa and one pizza alla salsiccia, one beer, a bottle of sparkling water and two espressos, for a very fair total amount of £23.00. Practically a bargain! We usually leave a tip wherever we dine, so we left £3.00, a token of our appreciation for Claudio’s kindness and professionalism (but also a polite approximate 10% of the bill)
Overall, I do not feel like giving a totally negative review, and I will certainly go back at some point to check on the new chefs and menu... 
 Till the next one!

Ciao for now!
Bolognese Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment